How IPL Earn Money?, Everyone watches IPL but do you know how IPL earns money, most people think that IPL earns money from tickets, but it is not so, IPL is a lot of things that IPL earns money, and do you know that IPL is one of the biggest earning domestic series in the whole world.
IPL is a combination of basically entertainment and cricket all over the world, and when it was a new start, everyone used to call it cricket.
How does IPL make money?
Today we are going to tell the business model of IPL.
1. Title Sponsorship
- the title sponsor of 2022 is Tata, who has given RS.670Cr for only 2 seasons.
- Do you know when IPL was started, then its sponsor was DLF, till 2008-2012 IPL took Rs.40 Cr from DLF, for 5 surgeons.
- There were many other sponsors, such as DLF, Pepsi, Vivo, Dream 11.
- Do you know that this title money only goes to IPL or Sharif team, so according to wiki 60% to BCCI and 40% to IPL.
2. Streaming and broadcasting rights
- Do you know that when IPL was started, SONY bought streaming rights for 10 years for Rs.8200 Cr. As soon as 10 years ends, Star Network is bought for 5 years for Rs.16,348 Cr.
- You must be thinking that all the money goes to IPL, but it is not so. 50% to IPL and 50% to BCCI.
3. League sponsor (How IPL Earn Money).
- You must have seen in IPL six matches that, those who have ADS on Walls, or were engaged on the ground, all these are ads for IPL, all this money goes to IPL, as you must have seen Paytm, Dream11.
- Do you know this is the first time in 15 years that IPL has earned Rs.1000 Cr. Has bought sponsorship. All these brands are ready to pay huge amount.
- Where do you see the branded ads, first it is seen on the boundary, then on the clothes of the umpire, then on the match presentation, all these are league sponsors.
4. IPL Franchise
- The team of IPL, sends it to IPL, so this year 2 teams came, Lucknow super giants, Gujarat titans, both these teams were bought for a very strong price. (How IPL Earn Money)
- Do you know Lucknow super giants were bought for Rs.7090Cr. And Gujarat titans to Rs.5625 Cr. in.
- Do you know when IPL was started then there were 8 teams, and all these 8 teams were bought for Rs 3000 Cr. were engaged.
- Do you know, 50% of the winning price goes to the team, and 50% to the owner.
Till now, we have known that this is how IPL earns, but now we are going to know how IPL team earn.
- Read More: Interesting Facts About Burj Khalifa
How does IPL team earn
You must have seen that sponsors are placed everywhere on the clothes of any player in the match, and these are such sponsors that sponsor any specific team, do you know that 8-10 sponsors live on one cloth.
- Ads and promotion (How IPL Earn Money)
- Whatever revenue you get from ads goes to all the team owners, so half the profit comes from them.
You must have also bought your favorite team’s merchandise at some point or the other. Such as caps, t-shirts, mugs. All this money goes to the team and the team owner.
Do you know that the shares of the team are also sold. For example, LIC has bought shares of CSK. Whenever CSK earns money, some % of it also goes to LIC.
Do you know that the income of IPL comes only from 10% of tickets. 80% goes to the home team, and 20% goes to the ground association.
So far we have told how are the ways of earning IPL, and how does the IPL team earn.
How much does IPL earn
Along with the IPL sporting event, there is also a very big business. And it is very important for any business to get good returns.
- Do you know, in 13 years, the brand value of IPL has increased by more than 17 times.
- Talking about the ads revenue, in 2021 the ads revenue of IPL was Rs.3500Cr. IPL ads revenue in 2022 is Rs.4300Cr. Hey. Means such a big jump in one year, amazing.
- Do you know that BCCI paid Rs.1160Cr in 2009. Had earned, and if we talk about 2021, then Rs.3200Cr was earned.
- Now let’s talk about the valuation of IPL is Rs.19,500Cr in 2014, and Rs.45,800 Cr in 2020, amazing.
- Do you know the highest brand value of Rajasthan royals is Rs.249Cr. That’s so
- Do you know that the highest brand value is of Chennai super kings, which is Rs.2900Cr.
I hope you must have come to know that how IPL earns money.